Molecular shell update resets installation state

Resolving issues with installing and using (tai)HENkaku
wmxp

Molecular shell update resets installation state

Post by wmxp » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:13 am

Okay, so installing HENkaku presently provides MolecularShell 1.43
Installing VitaShell - it updates to the latest 1.61, but the updater is hit or miss if it decides to update Molecular shell at the same time - no problem, I can manually copy ux0:app/VITASHELL/eboot.bin to ux0:app/MLCL00001/eboot.bin

The next time HENkaku installation is triggered, having updated MolecularShell manually, it reinstalls the whole exploit over again, which is mildly frustrating as it downgrades MShell in the process. The bigger issue is, if MShell is updated, the offline e-mail exploit will fail - meaning if you're away from a WiFi hotspot, you cannot gain access to homebrew.

The obvious short term solution is to not tamper with the installed MShell, but I wondered if there was a work around for this issue?

Thank you kindly for all your hard work, it is greatly appreciated. :)

Yifan Lu
Site Admin

Re: Molecular shell update resets installation state

Post by Yifan Lu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Don't change molecularshell. If you wish to use new VitaShell features, just install VitaShell.

VitaIssues

Re: Molecular shell update resets installation state

Post by VitaIssues » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi
First I'd like to say I'm quite thick and never dared trying this with my PSP 10 years ago but thought I'd give it a go with my vita so after upgrading to 3.60 and installing firezilla 32 bit on laptop and vitamin 2 and molecular on vita when I try to copy a cartridge it says error? Same thing when I try to get the snes game pack. Is there any idiot proof instructions for non pc users as I tried to follow the 20 minute you tube documentary but am still struggling or is there any sites where I can send off and get the games installed for me? Thanks