Bought second hand VITA with 3.65

Resolving issues with installing and using (tai)HENkaku
londonguyuk

Bought second hand VITA with 3.65

Post by londonguyuk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:53 pm

I guys and gals, I purchased a PS Vita and found that it has 3.65 and when I went to the site it told me I couldn't install the hack. Please tell me there is a hack being worked on. Would like to play my classic sega and snes games.

electrosheep

Re: Bought second hand VITA with 3.65

Post by electrosheep » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:34 pm

I see you created an account just to ask this question. You'll see that I created an account just to answer.

Had you taken the time to research this for even a moment, the answer would be evident. That being said, I don't believe in punishing people for asking questions. So. Here is your answer.

If your Vita is on a firmware greater than 3.60, and you want to use Henkaku, sell it on eBay and buy one that is on 3.60 or lower. There will never be Henkaku on firmwares greater than 3.60. There will never be a downgrade for firmwares greater than 3.60. If your vita is on a firmware greater than 3.60, that vita will never, ever be running emulators or homebrew of any kind. End of story. There are no hardware hacks you can do either.

BananaHands

Re: Bought second hand VITA with 3.65

Post by BananaHands » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 am

You can also “downgrade” by installing a motherboard with firmware 3.60 or lower. Check eBay, they will almost always note that the motherboards are 3.60 or below. If you have a slim Vita, check ifixit.com, I just bought one and it was version 3.36. I’m not saying that you will get the same results but there is a chance that mine was part of a larger batch of hackable motherboards.